Author: Adi Bachar-Reske
For some people coffee is, well, just coffee. For the team at Provenir coffee is an important part of each day, but not for the reasons you might think. You see coffee is more than just coffee. Coffee is a time you take to speak to your friend with no interruptions. Coffee is something to warm your hands when it’s cold outside. Coffee is an escape when you need a break from all the hustle and bustle. We like coffee that’s not just about coffee, and coffee shops that are not just about coffee—but also about bigger purposes:
- Coffee that’s about supporting dogs – Grounds & Hounds Coffee Co. is dedicated to supporting animal shelters and 20% of all proceeds received by Grounds & Hounds Coffee Co. are donated to rescue partners around the US. They strive to support hard-working rescue organizations in local communities with funds generated through sales to give rescue animals the second-chance that they deserve.
- Coffee that’s about the farmers– C.U.R.E coffee partner with Colorado-based Boca Java, who work straight with farmers harvesting coffee high in the mountains of Nicaragua. Boca Java roasts C.U.R.E. Coffee fresh to your order and donates $3 per bag to Project C.U.R.E., which provides medical relief to the farmers who grow the beans, their families and neighbors.
- Coffee that supports the fire department– It’s received the stamp of approval from firehouses, job sites, and offices all across the country and a portion of every order goes towards supporting firefighter and military charities. It’s great coffee for a great cause.
- Coffee for people with disabilities– With over 80% of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) unemployed nationwide, Beau’s Coffee created a path for people with IDD to become more valued, accepted and included in every community. Bitty & Beau’s Coffee currently employs 60 people with IDD and has been featured on The Today Show, Rachael Ray, CNN, Harry, Good Morning America, Dr. Oz, HLN, People Magazine, and Southern Living Magazine. Founder, Amy Wright, was named 2017 CNN Hero of the Year.
- Coffee for clean water– Three Avocados is a non-profit coffee company. 100% of their net proceeds provide clean drinking water throughout the world. Three Avocado’s coffee is grown in Uganda and Nicaragua, by small farmers. They pay fair prices for high quality coffee to deliver you an amazing cup of coffee that also provides amazing benefits for the countries where the coffee is grown
Do you have a favorite coffee with a cause? Share a link in the comments section below!