As Africa’s digital landscape continues to evolve, the use of data and AI in banking has become increasingly important in driving and enhancing financial inclusion across the continent. Today, as many as 57% of Africans and up to one-third of all adults globally lack any type of bank account, making it difficult to evaluate creditworthiness using traditional methods. This large population of unbanked individuals represents significant growth for innovative organizations.
How can fintechs and digital banks begin this journey to remove barriers to financial inclusion and expand their potential audiences? By combining data with the power of AI, financial service providers can leverage new insights to support financial inclusion while mitigating risk.
Our panel of experts will discuss how financial service providers are doing just that to redefine banking services and products that cater to the unique needs of the unbanked and underserved populations in Africa. Topics include:
- Understanding how simplified access to alternative and non-traditional data can reshape your business
- How the current approach to determining risk profiles impacts the unbanked population and gaps using only traditional data leaves in determining credit risk
- How alternative data and advanced analytics can catalyze financial inclusion while reducing risk and fraud
- The role of alternative data in the larger picture of tech-enabled financial inclusion
- Actionable steps you can take to incorporate alternative data into your decisioning